Wednesday, August 31, 2011

When daddy's away, mama will play.....

 So with Andrew being gone, I've been staying up late......a lot. It's my own fault, I start going on a project, and than keep going, usually making it more difficult and time consuming than I really need to. But, in the end I'm glad I finish and usually come up with some pretty fun stuff. Well, Andrew would say "just stuff" lol but to me, and most other girls, it's cute and fun!
My latest is going onto Etsy and looking at their main page for "handpicked" items from some sort of board of people....They pick their favorites they've seen and put them on the front. I usually see something cute, and than go search for more of that so I can get different ideas on how to make it my own. THAN I figure out a way to make it myself instead of buying for triple the price it should be! :) This is such a cute ruffle skirt, and took hardly any time at all! The prep was the worst, and that was because I had to iron all the edges and sew them over so the hem was clean.....(I'm getting a free serger tomorrow from my mom in law so hopefully that will be easy for me to use!) 
Originally it was suppose to be 12 months, I even measured it around henry's waist.....but I havent quite figured out the ratio for stretch....if anyone knows how to figure out how to make the elastic the right size please let me know, as I always guess! :) And now, it is more of a 3T or even 4T I think.....Oh well, I'm giving it away to someone who can use it.


super cute ruffles


Yea, I havent cut the strings,but I wanted to get a pic to my best friend before she fell asleep


Another thing I had to share, was Mr. Devon's new thing he has in common with Grandpa Gibbons......EATING BUTTER.....No joke. I had set out two things of butter to soften so I could make cookies for the neighbors, and didnt think anything about it. Well Devon went into the kitchen while I was playing with Henry and he suddenly got real quiet...(which most moms would agree, is never a good thing lol.  ) I walked around quietly and this is what I walked into.....




doo dee doo dee doo........
Uh oh.....Caught Red handed......
Quick! Hide the evidence!


While I'm sure most kids eat funny stuff, this is mostly funny becuase Grandpa gibbons use to dip cubes of butter into sugar, as a treat or dessert. He wont eat butter to this day, but he sure loved it when he was a kid!!! Apparently, Devon is truly his grandson, and I'm sure this butter bond will only make them closer lol!

1 comment:

BigLittle said...

Hi there, you asked a comment on my blog, but didn't leave an email address to answer you - hopefully this will reach you! I do the black first , then the rest. I actually have a pattern for the doll and full tutorials for all he embroidery etc. in my shop if you are looking for something like that. All the best, Lisa x https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/215232969/vintage-style-cloth-doll-pattern-fleur?ref=shop_home_active_3