Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am alive :)

I havent blogged in ages. But, whenever I get bored, and go onto my blog, I realize I really love to read what I've written before, it brings up good and yummy memories! So, I think I will try and blog more. I realize that no one really reads this, but that's okay...maybe that'll make it a more honest blog haha.

Devon is just over 2 now, and henry is 9 months. Boy do those boys drive me bonkers sometimes! But, they are the sweetest ever and definitely make me forget everything whenever Henry smiles up at me or Dev comes over to give me a kiss and a "devon back rub" lol. 
Devon and Henry get along great. Henry is a growing weed, and will probably soon be in the same size as Devon lol. He is almost crawling, well I guess you could say he is crawling but it's either more of an army crawl, or a bunny hop...whichever he deems fit to get to where he wants to go. Devon is copying and trying to talk more. Since his surgery he has made small, m inor improvements each day. As long as they keep coming, I dont care how small they are! :)

Andrew is in Japan for work right now. It's his first trip overseas, and he is already to come home! He will only be gone a total of 24 days (we hope!) but it seems like a long time to us since we've never had him be gone this long.  Devon grabs his phone and pretends to talk...when I ask who he's talking to he ALWAYS says "dada!!" and continues on with his little conversation. I've been taking full advantage of alone time after the boys go to sleep (they go to bed at 7:30 ad 8:00 I am SO lucky!) and getting a lot done, the little things I never get done when Andrew is home. I'm redecorating my "make up station", pics to follow when I'm done! I changed out the curtains in half the house, more curtains to come soon. I sanded and repainted our chairs so they match better with the new seat cushions that I've recovered. And I even finally sanded down and refinished our giant mirror that goes above my dresser in our room. I am so crafty, and it's so fun to see it in my home! :) But even with all these, I'd rather he be home.   I seem to forget the little things he does when he's around that I now have to do.....like take out the trash. (yuck) clean the toilet (double yuck, that's always his job), mow the lawn, (okay, so I dont do that, we are having some guy come and do it lol) and helping me in the garden...okay so he mostly just eats stuff instead of weeding, but it's nice to have the company lol!
Or neighbors check in on me, and we've mostly been spending a lot of time at grandma and grandpa's house in the pool. I'll be sure to try and post some pictures tonight of our things lately we've been doing.

I will really try and write more on this, it's fun once you actually get on and start writing.....now I just have to remember that :)

No comments: