Monday, July 26, 2010

And, the best sale on the planet!

So i went to my first semi-annual "bag sale" on Saturday at "Once upon a child" this great consignment shop in Tacoma where they only sell childrens clothing, it's GREAT! :) We got there about 15 minutes early only due to traffic, not due to planning, and was suprised to see the line wrapping around the building of this small shop. Got Devon strapped into his stroller and stood outside in the sun waiting for them to open. They handed us plastic bags, and the rules were you can stuff everything you can into the bag, as long as the handles can touch, and you get it all for $10.00!!! You can get as many bags as you want, and you can even take off the hangers so that you can get more clothes in there!!! I got stocked up on clothes for the new one (not that we needed much, the hand-me-downs will begin at birth haha) and was able to get my girlfriend a ton of stuff for her first little girl. Over 50 items later for her, and I was pooped, sweaty, and ready to get out of there!!! But, SO worth it. My savings was $274.00, and that was even at consignment pricing, imagine what it would have been if I had bought any of that at a regular store!!! i was very luckily, and got about 40 items for Devon and the new baby, and about 1/3 of all items were brand new with store tags on them still. But this all was not without a fight. It's a tiny store first of all, and it's packed to the gills with clothing, toys and accessories. Try pushing a stroller around in there, and it gets worse. Add in vicsious moms and yes, I mean viscious moms to the picture, and you will start to form that scary scene from movies where moms are fighting for the last pair of great jimmy choos at the last minute sample sale the day after thanksgiving. As an afterthought, bringing Devon to something like that was probably horrifying for him, and I will definitely not be bringing him to it this Jan when I go back again for the next one. I wont be pregnant, I wont have either boys with me, and I will come prepared for a fight to get the best dang clothes I can get for them! :)
\
Oh yeah, and my new haircut!! I had over 20 inches cut off of it. It's cute, fun, but I definitely am ready to be able to pull it back!

No comments: