Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 11

Okay, well, the day after my last post, I was put into the hospital! Crazy what a few weeks will do to you. I had a feeling I would be going in, I can't explain it, I just knew it. I called my doc to try and get in the day before my scheduld apointment, and while they didnt have me come in for an appointment, they did get me in for a non stress test for the baby.......my doc saw me in the halway, and needless to say, 5 hours later they had me checking into the University of Washington until further notice.
It is my 11th day in the hospital and Andrew just left to go back home. All the docs here are still wondering "what exactly" is wrong with me, and how to fix it. I have been put onto three different blood pressure medications to help it in different ways, but they are having a hard time figuring out a good medium because at first the blood pressure didnt go down at all, and than it was too low! Seriously, have I ever been an easy child? hjaha :)

The first 48 hours were a little rough, I was given steroid shots to help the baby grow quicker, and was put on an insulin drip because the steroids would make my sugar go high, and also on magnesium to help with any seizures in case pre-eclampsia started to develope into severe clampsia. Because of the insulin drip they had to check my blood sugar every hour, and they had to check my blood pressure every 15 minutes as well. They also took blood every 3 hours to see if anything was getting worse or better, and they had to pick a different spot each time. I was put on the monitor so that they could monitor the baby's hartbeat and movements continually, so it was a hassle, and a long night to say the least.



My main nurse Lorraine is great though and I have developed a good relationship with her, as well as with Dr. Allie Lewis and Dr Easterland. Dr Easterland is also a professor here at the University and specializes in "problematic " and high blood pressure during pregnancy. Usually they rotate because it is a teaching hospital but he has decided to stay on my case until the baby comes, and checks in nearly every day whether he is working or not. It is nice because I dont have a new doctor with a new plan all the time. I'm very lucky! They think that everything is going well and that the baby is doing well enough to kep going for a bit longer. I am currently 28 weeks, 2 days along and their next goal is to aim for 30-32 weeks.

We wil see what hapens, it is definitely a day by day thing now. Yesterday they put me on the onitor again for a few hours longer than normal because there were drops in the baby's heartbeat. Dr. Easterland said that when the baby is ready to come out, that is one of the signs that it shows, so we will see today if it happens again. Other than that, just hanging out in my little room here, sleeping lots :)
Wish us luck, and send us prayers, we need them! :)

1 comment:

Hailey said...

I'm sending lots of good thoughts, luck, wishes and prayers your way!!